THURSDAY, APRIL 27TH IS RECOGNIZED AS ENVIROTHON DAY
The AISWCD is a proud sponsor and partner of the Illinois State Envirothon. The event draws high school students from all corners of the state to compete over the course of two days by demonstrating their knowledge of the natural environment and showcasing analytical problem solving skills. The winners of the Illinois State Envirothon advance to the national competition in for a chance to compete for college scholarship money!
The comptetion aims to:
- Enhances a student’s critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Allows students to expand their knowledge concerning current environmental issues, along with – showing the impact individual actions have on various environmental problems
- Helps students become tomorrow’s leaders, workers, and consumers who will make informed decisions
- Gives students valuable exposure to careers in environmental science and natural resource management
- Teaches students to become environmentally aware, action-oriented adults
For more information, please visit the Envirothon webpage located at www.illinoisenvirothon.org.